Frequently asked questions
About Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen
How serious are the various side-effects?
Can I let the area I have treated get wet?
Yes. You can shower and swim after treatment with Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen.
Where can I buy Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen?
You can buy the Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen at your local pharmacy.
Who manufactures the Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen?
The Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen is manufactured by medical brands, Veembroederhof 96, 1019 HC Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
What is the best way to take care of the area I’ve treated?
What should I do if the wart doesn’t disappear after 4 weeks?
If the wart or verruca doesn’t significantly decrease in size after 4 weeks, please consult your doctor.
How quickly will the wart or verruca disappear?
The wart or verruca may disappear from the first week. On average, it takes between 1 to 4 weeks before the wart or the verruca disappears.
Can the Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen be used by pregnant women?
Is it dangerous to use Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen to treat children under four?
Can the Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen be used to treat children?
The Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen is suitable for children over the age of four.
Who can use Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen?
The Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen may be used by most adults. You can also use the Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen to remove warts and verrucas on children over the age of four, but the treatment must be carried out by an adult. If you are diabetic, pregnant and/or breast-feeding, please consult a doctor before using Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen.
What should I do if the side-effects do not disappear?
Always consult a doctor if the stinging sensation does not disappear or if other complications occur through using Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen.
Are there any side-effects from using Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen
- Using the Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen may cause some discomfort (transient tingling, burning sensation). In case of small warts, there is higher chance of wounding or discomfort. Therefore the application should be limited to 1 time a day.
- Always use the Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen very carefully and accurately. If you’re not careful, scars and minor skin damage may occur.
Will successfully treated common warts or verrucas return?
How do I use the Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen?
When the Wartner Pen is used for the first time, it is necessary to fully turn the dial on the top of the pen clockwise several times to load the gel into the brush tip until the first drop is visible. Multiple turns might be needed as the gel is stored at the top of the Pen (to avoid leakage prior to first treatment).
|Hold the pen vertically with the brush tip facing downwards. Slowly turn/click the dial on the top of the Pen clockwise to dispense the gel.|
|Allow the gel to flow into the brush tip for 3 to 5 seconds|
|Carefully apply the dispensed gel only on the wart or verruca (not on healthy skin surrounding it)|
|Let the gel dry for 10-15 minutes before putting on clothes or shoes.The Wartner Pen formula is very concentrated and only one drop is needed per application. Carefully cover the entire surface of the wart (or verruca) and not the healthy skin surrounding it. Once the treatment is completed, carefully clean the pen with a tissue before storage.|
2 ADDITIONAL STEPS FOR VERRUCAS for optimal preparation and after-treatmentPRIOR TO THE TREATMENT First, soak the foot in warm water for 5 minutes and then rub the callous carefully with a file (widely available for purchase) to expose the verruca. Dry it thoroughly so there is no water/moisture between the wart and the Wartner TCA gel. Do not apply the TCA gel when the skin is bleeding or broken. A file not included. STEP 1-4 Same as for removal of warts as above. Once treatment is complete, carefully clean the Wartner Pen with a tissue before storage. AFTER TREATMENT
|After applying the TCA gel and let it dry for 10-15 minutes, you could experience some discomfort when pressure or friction occurs on the treated area. You may find it helpful to protect the sensitive area with a comfort plaster which is widely available for purchase. Comfort pads not included.|
How often may I use Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen Pen?
How long should I leave the gel on the wart?
How many times should I turn the twist-and-turn wheel before the first drop of TCA is released?
Is the Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen difficult to apply?
Will I get a scar from using the Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen?
Does TCA acid work faster than Salicylic Acid?
- When applied, the TCA peeling effect appears immediately. The peeling effect remains longer after application compared to other acid treatments
- The effects (keratinisation and peeling off the skin) are visible soon after the first round of treatment (4 days with 2 daily applications).
- SPCs of traditional OTC wart & verruca treatments based on salicylic acid tend to indicate daily usage and a treatment time of up to 12 weeks.
- According to a pooled-analysis of 16 different clinical trials assessing the efficacy of salicylic acid treatments, the mean cure rate with salicylic acid treatment for removal of warts is 52%. In the same pooled analysis, it is recommended for trials to follow-up at a period of 12 weeks.
- Another controlled trial assessing the efficacy on warts of a treatment with salicylic acid (40%) applied during 13 weeks showed a cure rate of 24%, wheareas Wartner Wart Pen offers a complete removal up to 65% of treated warts & verrucas only after 4 weeks.
How does TCA gel work compared to salicylic acid?
TCA gel is an effective acid for a convenient and fast removal of warts & verrucas
|Salicylic acid||TCA gel|
|Treatment period||8 to 12 weeks||Effective from the first week|
|Suitable for children||Certain references||Yes|
|Systemic effects||Can have systemic effect, or can cause blood coagulation||No effect on blood coagulation|
- TCA is scientifically proven to have a long lasting peeling effect on the wart, which allows a continuous action on the wart. It destroys the HPV virus.
- The pH rate of TCA= 1.9 whereas salicylic acid has a pH rate of 2.4, which means that TCA is a stronger acid than salicylic acid.
- Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen is in gel format while salicylic acid compositions are generally in liquid form. The gel combined with the innovative applicator allows a more precise application on the affected spot without too much invasion of the healthy skin around it.
What clinical data do we have?
- 89% of patients tested were (very) satisfied with the convenience of the Pen
- 94% of patients tested were (very) satisfied with the efficacy of the Pen
- 82% of all patients tested prefer Wartner Wart Pen over their current treatment
Is Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen safe to use?
Will using Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen hurt?
How does the Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen work?
What are the components of the Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen treatment?
When should the Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen NOT be used?
Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen may not be used in the following cases:
- For removing warts on the face or on the genitals;
- For treating skin conditions with signs of inflammation;
- For removing dark moles, dark-colored, hairy or otherwise unusual looking skin conditions which resemble warts;
- For removing warts on children under the age of four.
- If the common wart or verruca is located in a sensitive area with thin skin (e.g. the face, neck, armpits, chin, breast) or on genital warts.
- If the nearby or affected skin is inflamed.
- If you are not certain that the skin condition you are treating is a common wart or verruca.
- Consult a doctor if you are diabetic.
- Consult a doctor if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.